On Friday 14 July 2006 06:03, Daniel Watkins wrote:
> Is there a rationale behind this decision?
On some systems libmad does not work and has to be masked, if I called it mp3,
it couldn't be use.masked or all the mp3 supports, even when not provided by
libmad, would have been removed.

Per-package use.mask is not here for another year and in the mean time I
needed a working solution, this is it.

I would also say that it helps not to overload the same useflag with different
meanings, as we already seen a couple of times where v4l and v4l2 useflags
are better to be two different things, ibidem for qt3/qt4.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE