Currently we have the following local xinetd USE flags.  The semantics
of xinetd in each case are roughly the same:

dev-db/firebird:xinetd - If you want inetd version instead of a superserver
(daemon)
net-ftp/proftpd:xinetd - Enable support for starting from xinetd
net-ftp/vsftpd:xinetd - Add support for running under xinetd
net-im/bitlbee:xinetd - Install an xinetd.d file for bitlbee
net-mail/qpopper:xinetd - If you want inetd version instead of standalone
net-misc/linux-identd:xinetd - Use xinetd instead of the initscript
net-misc/rsync:xinetd - Install an xinetd.d file for rsyncd
net-proxy/ziproxy:xinetd - If you want inetd version instead of a superserver
(daemon)

The following ebuilds installed xinetd configuration on my machine
even though I don't have xinetd installed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ equery belongs /etc/xinetd.d
[ Searching for file(s) /etc/xinetd.d in *... ]
dev-util/subversion-1.3.2-r1 (/etc/xinetd.d)
dev-util/cvs-1.12.12-r3 (/etc/xinetd.d)
net-misc/netkit-fingerd-0.17-r2 (/etc/xinetd.d)
net-print/cups-1.2.1-r2 (/etc/xinetd.d)

RFC.

Matt

--
Matthew Kennedy
Gentoo Linux Developer (Public Key 0x401903E0)