Stephen P. Becker wrote:
Ok, since the first time around apparently wasn't good enough, how about this? This project sucks. It takes random ebuilds without enough merit or demand to even have some team and/or developer within Gentoo pick it up, and dumps it to a user-supported-yet-completely-official-break-my-gentoo-style tree that has to potential to cause all sorts of QA problems. It flies right in the face of those of us that have strived to educate users not to rice out their systems with outside-the-tree ebuilds that have not gone through some sort of arch team and/or maintainer QA before hitting the tree. There is nothing you or anyone else can say that will make me think otherwise, and I think it needs to be killed. Now.

I try to stay out of these types of things, but I have to say that I agree completely.

--
Andrew Gaffney                            http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer                                   Installer Project