Ned Ludd wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-03 at 08:06 -0500, Lance Albertson wrote:
>> Ned Ludd wrote:
>>> Please elaborate why you need the council to discuss
>>> ongoing active bugs that are in progress.
>>>
>> I would also like to know why the council has to be involved since
>> you've never sent an email to infra specifically asking the same thing
>> first. Sure makes sense to me that you should ask the group involved
>> with the work first instead of going to the top.
>>
>> But since I'm typing it now, I might as well answer it.
>>
>> I finally got the hardware this week for bugs, and I've been working on
>> bringing those boxes online.
>
> And it's impressive hardware at a pretty kickass facility :)

Yes indeed it is impressive hardware at a pretty kickass facility :)

I got to chat with the CEO of the company that donated that equipment
and the wait was *more* than worth it. Once it's up and running our
bugzilla will be rock solid and fast fast fast fast fast for years to come.

Web front end:

1 x IBM HS20's
Dual 3.2GHz XEON 2MB Cache
2048 DDR2 ECC RAM
Dual 73GB SCSI 320 HDD

Database:

2 x IBM HS20's
Dual 3.2GHz XEON 2MB Cache
4096 DDR2 ECC RAM
Dual 73GB SCSI 320 HDD
Qlogic 4Gb/s Fiber controller
10GB SAN LUN

They donate a lot of other equipment to us as well. Thanks goes to
http://365main.com

>> If I'm lucky, I'll have them at least
>> booting on their own today.
>>
>> The anoncvs/svn stuff needs the attention of some knowledgeable cvs/svn
>> guru. We want to ensure that we cover all our grounds in the setup so
>> that we don't make a system that's easily DoS'able. If anyone wants to
>> help out with that, please contact KingTaco as he's the contact for that
>> project right now.
>
> It's just about ready afaik. We just want robbat2 to review the CVS
> setup and I probably need to drop a patch in the cvs pkg to disable
> compression. We probably also want Pylon to review the svn setup.

Very cool. Nice work, thanks.

>> Patience is indeed a virtue.
>
> Indeed..

indubitably