Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Saturday 05 August 2006 09:29, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
P.S. Note that we have offered various portage devs hardware and/or an
account on Iluxa's ginormous Origin 2000 machine in the past with the
intention of getting this fixed, and nobody has taken us up on that...

so ?  none of the portage guys work on sandbox

last i poked at it though, this looked less like a bug in sandbox and more a bug in glibc
-mike

The metadata for sandbox suggests that it is under the control of the portage team, even if they lack a herd:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE pkgmetadata SYSTEM "http://www.gentoo.org/dtd/metadata.dtd";>
<pkgmetadata>
<herd>no-herd</herd>

<!-- portage lacks a herd.  correct this when we have one. -->

<maintainer>
  <email>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</email>
  <description>Sandbox Maintainers</description>
</maintainer>
</pkgmetadata>

-Steve