Duncan wrote:
Matti Bickel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted [EMAIL PROTECTED],
excerpted below, on  Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:59:51 +0200:

Thomas Cort <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Why do arch testers need to post `emerge --info` if everything works?
Shouldn't we be able to trust that they have sane CFLAGS, proper
FEATURES, and an up to date system?
Once there was the idea of putting AT testing system specs somewhere, so arch
devs could actually see what we're running. Is this still needed or is the
number of ATs small enough to keep that in head-RAM?

Anyways, I agree that posting emerge --info to a highly frequented stable bug
is annoying and should be abolished.

Even back before it became the "in" thing, I was posting emerge --info as
attachments, because it simply fit the bill -- bugzy /says/ to put long
stuff as attachments.  I never did quite understand why all that
admittedly often useful high-volume spew was tolerated in the bug comments
themselves.

bugzy also says "('emerge --info' goes here)" above Description and "(this is where you put 'emerge --info') above Comments. ;) you're right, it does say make it an attachment if it's too long, but how long is too long?

--de.