* Stephen P. Becker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> > * Jean-Fran???ois Gagnon Laporte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> You know that java is not available on all arch that Gentoo
> >> supports right ?
> >
> > Which one ?
>
> See tcort's reply.

Okay, now got his posting :)

> No java available on alpha, arm, hppa, m68k, mips,
> sh, or sparc.  Seven strikes and you are out twice over...

hmm, AFAIK kaffe should support those platforms (didn't ever
worked on them). But (as I just said), kaffe ebuild was broken
some time ago, didn't check it for a while yet ...

Well, I don't see the current lack of an proper java runtime
on certain platforms an real blocker for some additional tool.
Java generally is designed for a very wide range of platforms
and architectures. If some major archs are missing an proper
java implementation, then it's a bug, which sooner or later
will be fixed.

cu