On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:01:23 +0200 Krzysiek Pawlik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert Cernansky wrote:
> > Unfortunatelly this is something different. xmm-pipe lets you
> > control running xmms from commandline (thus binding these commands
> > to keys). It allows control volume, skipping in current track
> > (fast forward), do some playlist actions and lot more.
>
> This helps:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~$ audacious --help
> Usage: audacious [options] [files] ...

> --------
>
> -h, --help             Display this text and exit
> -n, --session          Select Audacious/BMP/XMMS session (Default: 0)
> -r, --rew              Skip backwards in playlist
> -p, --play             Start playing current playlist
> -u, --pause            Pause current song
> -s, --stop             Stop current song
> -t, --play-pause       Pause if playing, play otherwise
> -f, --fwd              Skip forward in playlist
> -e, --enqueue          Don't clear the playlist
> -m, --show-main-window Show the main window
> -a, --activate         Activate Audacious
> -i, --sm-client-id     Previous session ID
> -H, --headless         Headless operation [experimental]
> -N, --no-log           Disable error/warning interception (logging)
> -v, --version          Print version number and exit

Yes, looked at this. It's similar to stadard xmms
posibilites. xmms-pipe have much wider posibilites.

I use mainly skipping within a track (not to next track) so I can
rewind without touching a mouse and switching to third workspace where
xmms is sitting.

Another frequently used xmms-pipe functionality is volume control
(with software mixing enabled you can control volume of xmms
independently from Main/PCM volume).

Useful is also reporting info (e.g. about played track) to output
pipe.

Robert

--
Robert Cernansky