Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
On Thursday 24 August 2006 09:52, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen wrote:
What? This doesn't make any sense. People bitching and moaning and
screaming all over -dev until no one else has any interest in pursuing
anything has nothing to do with who I vote for.
No but in a democracy people who did "a splendid job of becoming more
influential" usually did it through votes somehow. If you just mean that it discourage others from doing anything, you're right about that.

This has nothing to do with the foundation, it manages our intellectual
property and finances.
So you would keep "democracy" for the foundation?

It's a very different organization, so a different sort of management is appropriate. The foundation doesn't need to manage hundreds of developers. There's just a single board, copyrights, trademarks, and money.

Thanks,
Donnie