Seems my message got swallowed...

On Saturday 02 September 2006 15:36, Edgar Hucek wrote:
> Just a side hint. Try to enable all flags at the first cimpile time would
> reduce trys drasticaly ;)

There are lots of use flag combinations incompatible with each other within a
package as well as packages relying on other ones to be build with or without
use flags of other packages. The number of pssoble combinations would is too
high, even if we had build servers running around the clock.

In case of point two, you're right, that it doesn't let Gentoo look good.
Neither Gnome nor KDE (no use flag in this case) accessibiliy stuff builds
now - and bug 116030 is open since nine months. Partly the problem is that
we're understaffed, partly - and this is my very personal opinion - the
problem is that releasing with GCC 4.x has been rushed - speak the notice
came one or two months too late.

Carsten