On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 16:22:37 +0200
Stefan Schweizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> > For this stuff, add a comment to the metadata.xml file. Don't do it
> > in this less than obvious way.
>
> arch teams for example will still contact me then for stabilizing, I
> do not want that. jeeves and herdstat do not support comments and the
> metadata is not often read directly.

If you don't care whether a package is stable or not, just let the arch
team go ahead and do what they need to do to stabilise when they wish
to.  The role of package maintainer has nothing to do with
stabilisation, which is the preserve of the arch teams.

> > The maintainer must still be someone with a
> > gentoo email.
>
> is that written down somewhere? I was under the impression that it is
> allowed and have seen it used for example
> in /usr/portage/www-client/links/metadata.xml

You'll notice that there are two maintainer blocks in there, one for
the non-gentoo "third-party" maintainer, and one for the Gentoo dev who
proxies - the "official Gentoo" maintainer.  There are several packages
like this.

What I'm conerned about is packages that have no Gentoo maintainer,
something that should obviously never happen for packages in the
official tree.

--
Kevin F. Quinn