On Sun, 2006-09-03 at 17:40 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
> On 9/3/06, Alec Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > in the end
> > GCC-4.1 going stable is up to releng and arch teams (heck it doesn't
> > technically have to go stable on all arches).  So who "screwed up" in
> > this case?
>
> Well, for a package like PHP, the package maintainers take
> responsibility for ensuring that there are useful and adequate
> announcements up front.
>
> GCC I suspect is surrounded by more confusion.  Either the package
> maintainers or the arch teams could have made an announcement giving
> fair warning; alas, neither did.

It was in the GWN.  Twice.

Funny enough, Donnie complained that I put the same information in two
GWN's and I explained that no matter, what, there would be people
bitching.  You've proven it.  There's only so many times you can tell
someone the *exact* same thing before it gets redundant.  If you missed
the announcement, I'm sorry to hear it, but I'm not apologizing for your
perception that we didn't get the word out.  We did.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead