Brian Harring wrote:  [Wed Sep 13 2006, 10:52:17AM EDT]
> Similar trickery in app-office/openoffice, although they enable -jN if
> distcc is enabled, else -j1 ...
>
> Always wondered how that was valid, just avoid OO compiles enough it
> wasn't something I ever got around to looking into :)

The openoffice ebuild is okay.  It disables parallel builds by
default, since openoffice isn't parallel safe.  But the ebuild
provides a sekrit variable WANT_DISTCC that can be set to use -j* from
MAKEOPTS.

In this case WANT_DISTCC is a misnomer but the technique isn't
actually bad.

Aron