On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 03:48:53PM -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
> Lionel Bouton wrote:
> > There are already good resources (http://gentoo-wiki.com/CFLAGS_matrix
> > was mentioned to me by robbat2) but they may not be advertised enough.
> Most of the info on that page is wrong.
The items on there that note breakages are reasonably correct.
-fvisibility=hidden and -ffast-math DO cause breakages.

-ftree-loop-linear likewise is broken on GCC4.1 last I checked.

> > I'd like to propose a paragraph to the GWN editor which presents some
> > gotchas and good references on the subject.
> Honestly, the only good reference is the Safe CFLAGS page.
The objective here was mainly to point out some things that users are
doing that are causing breakages, leading to bugs that are ultimately
marked INVALID after much tracing.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : [EMAIL PROTECTED]