On Sunday 01 October 2006 18:49, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> I can't give you reasons, but I can tell you it totally broke my x86
> system a while back.
-ftree-vectorize on x86 and PowerPC is known to create broken executables
(when it comes to actually create the executable).
I'm using it on AMD64 fine since 4.0 pre-releases though (suggested for the
daredevils by Halcy0n iirc), and never had problems with it.
Most likely this is due either to the usual limitations of x86 (registers,
PIC, 387 fpmath), or to not be able to ensure the availability of extra
instructions on x86.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE