On 9/28/06, Alec Warner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Christian 'Opfer' Faulhammer wrote:
> Tach David,                                  0x2B859DE3 (PGP-PK-ID)
>
> David Grant schrieb:
>> On 9/28/06, Michael Cummings < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> +++ Mark Stier [28/09/06 15:35 +0200]:
>>> I think my original reply got lost, so just in case - seems like a time
>>> for sunset overlays ;0
>> or sunrise rather...
>
>  New packages not yet in the tree  -> sunrise
>  Old crufty packages removed from the tree -> sunset
>
> Got it?
>
> V-Li

There is a TreeCleaner Project overlay; but I was planning on placing
tools in it; I may be convinced to add the ebuilds (and their files)
that we clean to it; assuming it doesn't take anyone that long to do it;
the problem being for some things that live only on our mirrors; the
ebuilds won't work as the files get purged after two weeks.  Let me
consider this though; if we can script it somehow it would maybe benefit
others (a treecleaner poopy overlay for Layman also...)

That would be an awesome idea. I have never been a fan of cleaned ebuilds moving to the CVS attic and I have had to fetch some old ebuild and associated patches from the portage's CVS Attic on 2 occasions and it was a major pain.

--
David Grant
http://www.davidgrant.ca