On 2006.10.04 13:15, Brandon Low wrote:
As usual, sweeping new policies or procedures WILL NOT FIX THINGS.

[snip]
--Brandon

Since I have been a Gentoo user, there have been two completely different management styles in use. When drobbins was around, he was like the MD and Gentoo was managed as if it were a single project. Since that time, Gentoo has grown into a loose knit collection of smaller projects all doing their own thing. Higher level collaboration must be happening because releng relay on all the bits coming together but its not much in evidence.

There are two options for Gentoo. We can add some reporting and control to make Gentoo appear as a single cohesive project, the price for that is some bureaucracy. Or we can continue management by tribal warfare, as is evidenced by the flame fests on this list.

Both take about the same amount of effort from the participants.
What we lack to manage Gentoo as a single project is a proactive management body.

Regards,

Roy Bamford
(NeddySeagoon)