This isn't going to bring any benefits to anyone.  If you want to help
users find docs on programming languages on Gentoo (assuming there
_are_ any users who don't know how to Google for such things), just
get the docs team to organise 'Programming Languages on Gentoo' docs
category on [1].  _That_ would be much more useful to users.

Creating a TLP just to order some docs ... sorry, but it seems a very
bizarre thing to do.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/index.xml

I would like to say that the docs are second to... probably only IBM
developerworks which seems like where 1/4 of our docs come from.

perhaps the wrong time to bring this up but the list for documentation
is  a MESS I've been using gentoo docs for 3 years back when they were
1/10-ish this size and back then the organization worked. but I can
never remember whether the reference I'm looking for is

Gentoo Desktop Documentation Resources
Upgrade Guides
System Administration Documentation
etc.

so the index page rare does me any good

I suggested this on bugzilla a long time ago... and can't remember
what happened with it. but docs could use a search function. better
yet if it could somehow be integrated also into the forum search might
save some time with some questions. example search grub on the forums
get the grub error listing doc, and the handbook chapter on it, then
forum threads.

even if the forum thing wasn't possible say I was looking for a doc on iptables.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/security/security-handbook.xml?part=1&chap=12
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/articles/dynamic-iptables-firewalls.xml
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/articles/linux-24-stateful-fw-design.xml

those are 3 references that I'm aware of and in 2 different places and
only one even mentions iptables in the title, and if I don't know the
linux firewall is called iptables and I search firewall only one is
labeled firewall in the link and the other I would have to know it was
mentioned in the security handbook. I also think that via common sense
these would all be under System Administration Documentation, but none
of them are. If I were new to the docs I would be completely confused
at the organization.