> I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1) Does this sound like a good idea?
>
> 2) Does anyone feel like pouring his/her troubleshooting skills into
>    content for my program?
1.) maybe microsofts troubleshooter sucks, it never solved a single problem I
had. this will only be a good Idea if we're guaranteed to do better. on
gentoo this would be harder than say red hat. because of almost infinite
combinations of ways to have your software built.

2.) maybe... but I think you'll need someone before me. this is too unreliable
too many variables / ways of doing things. first question do you use command
line / gnome / kde /. answer use program x in this way to solver your
problem.

user huh. I don't have this program wtf. program x is not installed. checks
portage. program x was hardmasked last week. this would be insane open source
moves to fast good luck having your troubleshooter keep up.