Hi,

As you may know, beryl is a fork of the famous window- and composite-manager
compiz (beryl formerly was named compiz-quinnstorm).

I'm maintaining the compiz package and at first thought I'd also take beryl,
but I'd prefer if someone else could take it. My personal opinion is that I
don't really see the point of this fork, but there are many users out there
that seem to like it.

There are already testing-ebuilds of beryl in the coffee-overlay
(www.xgl-coffee.org). There's a guy with the nick nesl247, who regularly
hangs out in #gentoo-xgl on freenode that wrote those ebuilds.

If any Gentoo dev wants to take care of beryl, please take bug 150033. You
should review those ebuilds in the coffee-overlay together with nesl and then
add them to portage.

cu,

Hanno ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

--
Hanno Böck              Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20           Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]