On 10/21/06, Roy Marples <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING is used in the init script depdency process, and quite
frankly I'd like to punt it and replace it with ........... rc-update! Yes,
just put the init scripts that "net" should provide in your runlevel. boot
contains net.lo by default and we also coldplug any net devices by default
too.

So can anyone think of any reasons why I cannot punt it?

What becomes the equivalency of the "none" or "no" settings?  In
particular, if I have both wlan and eth0, but rarely at the same time,
and I want net to be satisfied by either of them,
RC_STRICT_NET_CHECKING=no accomplishes this.

-Richard