On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 20:18:40 +0200
Harald van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 07:02:36PM +0200, Marius Mauch wrote:
> > Ok, as there is currently a lot of work going on for GLEP 23
> > (licese based visibility filtering aka ACCEPT_LICENSE) the topic of
> > license groups came up, in particular the way how they should be
> > (technically) defined.
> >
> > The simplest way is a line based format
> >     <groupname> <license1> ... <licenseN>
> > however this doesn't allow for any addition of metadata (for example
> > descriptions to explain the purpose of a group), these (if wanted)
> > would have to be defined in another file.
>
> A description could be provided in the same file, by allowing
> comments.

Hmm, that's an option I hadn't considered yet, though means we can't
use grablist() for parsing :( [not a big issue though]

> > The alternative would be to use a
> > more complex file format, for example so called ini-style
> >
> > [groupname]
> > licenses=license1 license2 ... licenseN
> > description=Sample license group
> > constains_stupid_licenses=1
>
> Something like contains_stupid_licenses (even in an objective form)
> could be handled differently: a STUPID_LICENSES group, so that
> ACCEPT_LICENSE can contain "@GROUP1 @GROUP2 [EMAIL PROTECTED]". Do you
> have an example of metadata other than the description that cannot be
> dealt with another way?

Not at this time, that's why I invented this one (it's completely made
up by me with no meaning whatsoever, just in case anybody wonders what
it might be supposed to do).
However as this is rather new territory I'm not sure if we should limit
ourselves to one metadata value at this time.

Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.