Hi!

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Alin Nastac wrote:
> Facts:
>     a) current SPF TXT record of our domain is "v=spf1 mx ptr ?all"
>     b) I use my own MTA to send my @g.o messages.
>     c) Probably I am not the only one who does that

d) I've just spent nearly an hour to debug an error that resulted
from an overly-zealous MX admin thinking it'd be nice to also
check the Header-From: against SPF, breaking several mailinglists
in the process.

> Conclusion:
>   The proper TXT record for our domain would be "v=spf1 +all", which
> translates (according to http://new.openspf.org/SPF_Record_Syntax ) as
> "the domain owner thinks that SPF is useless". And it really is useless,
> at the very least for our widespread organization.

For me the proper conclusion is: don't ever implement SPF for
your own domains. It wreaks all sorts of nasty havoc, including,
but not limited to, broken mailing lists and forwards.

Regards,
a slightly pissed off
Tobias
--