On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 05:20:49PM -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> most of your dislike for SPF centers around the idea you dont want to send
> mail via gentoo.org mail servers ... is this really a problem ?  seems like
> it's pretty trivial to do so

While i couldn't care less about the whole SPF discussion i'd just
like to point out sending mail via gentoo's email servers is listed as
a last resort according to our docs rather than an alternative.

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/dev-email.xml writes:
> Warning: Do not do this unless absolutely necessary. Please use your
> ISPs relay server whenever possible.

> If you need a relay-server desperately and have no other means of
> sending e-mails, you can use dev.gentoo.org as a relayserver. To do
> Using dev.gentoo.org as a mail relay server

Perhaps that paragraph needs some rethinking if it affects SPF?

cheers,
        Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org