On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 09:20:02PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 21:04:18 +0000 "Elfyn McBratney"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | I guess Wernfried is referring to Ciaran PGP signing his emails with a
> | key that (I guess) still has his old @g.o address as a user ID on the
> | key.
> Mm. As far as I can see from [1] (second key, not the ebuild signing
> one)... The key is listed as having both email addresses, with
> @ciaranm.org first... Not sure that I can safely revuid the @g.o
> address without causing problems for anyone trying to check anything
> signed by the old uid... *shrug* If anyone can confirm for sure (as in,
> not just guessing) that revuid won't break things then I'll use it...
>
> In the mean time, sylpheed-claws shows my emails as "Good signature
> from Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>"...
>
> 1: http://pgp.rediris.es:11371/pks/lookup?search=ciaranm&op=vindex

Yup, it is safe to revuid on the 5350EEB9 key. Just make sure you add
another uid first. Very few apps actually use the uid , and those that
do are supposed to (for verification of old content) consider the uid as
valid from the date of it's creation to to date of it's expiry or
revocation (So old emails sent while you had an @gentoo.org would still
be valid compared to the From header).

--
Robin Hugh Johnson