On Thursday 30 November 2006 22:40, Marius Mauch wrote:
> Not if you take care of providing the proper defaults in
> make.defaults (the sample above should not be the default).
Okay, let's get with a non-complete default, it would probably also help as
you won't need PNP support on x86 and amd64 kernels by default...

For x86/amd64, I think this would cover a good part of users, but I'm open for
better suggestion from arch teams:

ali5451 atiixp atiixp-modem cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 fm801
hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 mpu401 usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem

For PPC, at least the following for Apple platforms, if someone has
suggestions for other PPC non-Apple platforms they are welcome

aoa aoa-fabric-layout aoa-onyx aoa-soundbus aoa-soundbus-i2s aoa-tas
aoa-toonie powermac

For SPARC, I'd say at lesat the following by their name, but also here I'd
leave to the arch team to provide suggestions

sun-amd7930 sun-cs4231 sun-dbri

other arches, please advise.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Sound, ALSA, PAM, KDE, CJK, Ruby ...