Marijn Schouten wrote:
> My conclusion is that they have the simpler solution and also technical
> superiority.

If you think that GoboLinux has a superior package management solution
to Gentoo or any other distro, than just use Gobo. Distribution choice
is not an absolute "distro X is better than distro Y" but it's a
personal choice. You happen to like how Gobo does things, probably close
to everybody else here likes how Gentoo does things. Some people prefer
Ubuntu and others Debian, Fedora, RHEL, etc, etc. There are also those
who do not like what any distribution is doing so they start their own
or do LFS. Whichever route you prefer, it's your personal choice. Others
have different opinions.

My point is that if you prefer how Gobo does package management (and
anything else for that matter), then please use Gobo and don't try to
convince other distros to be more like Gobo. This applies to anybody
that thinks that Gentoo should be more like Debian, Fedora or any other
distro. They have their way of doing things, we have our way.