I will be asking the x86 and amd64 arch teams to mark the latest revision of gentoo-sources-2.6.19 stable in 1 weeks time (Jan 14th).

This is a 1 week advance warning to maintainers of external kernel modules which are still broken in the stable tree -- fix them, or file new bugs asking for newer versions to go stable and block #156669

Actually, 1 week is the best-case scenario, since we have a couple of minor regressions which need fixing. Additional pressure comes from the mmap shared page corruption fix, a significant bug which has existed for at least 3 years. Unfortunately the fix has not been backported to older kernels and it's not clear how to do so.

Daniel