Hanno Böck wrote:
Hi,

I took over gimp-maintainership a while ago. There's a cvs/9999-ebuild in the tree, but I'm not really interested in that and have never touched it.

I'd prefer to just maintain official releases, so if nobody else steps in and maintains the live-ebuild, I'll just remove it. I think it's not that important, because the gimp-devs do releases quite regularly if they add major features.

It was in place mostly out of the fact unstable gimp is better tracked by checking out than using release snapshots and the fixing the 9999 ebuild now and then takes less time than bumping the .3.x ebuild.

lu - that uses that ebuild

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC