On 1/11/07, Marius Mauch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

And I assume there is a non-trivial number of custom scripts out there
using make.profile, but that's nothing we can do about.

You could give them all a grace period for which have to comply with
the new standard by then end of it, and have ( during that grace
period ) an automatic symlink generation based on that make.conf flag.

And just to make sure, I doubt it would be too difficult to have an
application that analyises packages as they install to check whether
they reference make.profile or not, and flag a QA warning if they do.

And packages that don't switch to the standard by the end of the grace
period I guess we'll see on a "last rites" bulletin ;)

-
Kent