On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 05:40:27PM +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 18:30:43 +0100 Jakub Moc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> | - I'm *not* demanding anything from *arch teams*, the bugs are for
> | *maintainers* of those packages. I've already told you couple of
> | times, why are you making these misleading statements yet again?
>
> And yet, somehow developers are interpreting your bugs as requests to
> remove packages straight away. Why do you think this is? Maybe it's
> because you assign the bugs to maintainers rather than the arch teams
> and make lots of noise about it, regardless of whether arch keywording
> still has to be done...

In case someone thinks this is just ciaranm inventing stuff, this has
happened not too far ago.

Some mozilla package got p.masked while some ebuilds still depended on
it. It is definitely _not_ Jakub to blame (imho) but I'm pretty sure
said deveveloper *thought* he had checked rdeps before. Result: some
people (users here) got screwed because of misunderstanding.

- ferdy

--
Fernando J. Pereda Garcimartín
Gentoo Developer (Alpha,net-mail,mutt,git)