On Mon, 2007-02-12 at 11:13 -0500, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 12 February 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> > Then what is the migration path?  You made it sound like copying the
> > file was the solution.
>
> if the default mdadm scan does not automatically detect their raid devices,
> then the user needs to manually define their raid devices in /etc/mdadm.conf
>
> so the migration path is to edit /etc/mdadm.conf and read the extensive
> comments in there

Migration is from my experience painless. Even if detecting does not
work, the mdadm.conf syntax is easier IMHO.

However a nice little guide or doc on it, should cover and address most
all user issues stemming from migration. If such a document does not
already exist somewhere on g.o.

No worries, or complaints here if raidtools is punted. From most
everything I have read over the years. Most all are going that direction
if they have not already.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java