Daniel Robbins wrote:
> I think that would be a more useful default view of the docs, but
> still doesn't quite get it perfect.
>
> Here is what I think would be ideal: One shorter Web page covering the
> installation process, with links to supplemental information that is
> currently cluttering everything up. I don't need to read a page about
> all the different options I have when installing Gentoo, or see a
> complete list of boot options. That's supplemental info. If I need
> that I can click on the link. What I don't like is having to click on
> links to get to the "next step" of the process. All key steps should
> be covered tersely on a single page.
>
> Make sense?
[SNIP]
> -Daniel

It sure makes sense !
You mean a web page with options per choise pointing to a section when
that choise is made (consolidate existing install installs)

example :

Select the arch do you want to install gentoo on :
[X]x86  []arm  []x86_64

- --> go to url of handbook for x86

Select a iso:
[X]base  []full

- --> go to url where mirrors can be selected for x86 and an explenation
how to write the iso

You selected x86-base-iso. Select which stage you want to start the
installation :
[]stage1   []stage2  [X]stage3

- --> go to url of handbook for stage3_install

etc etc ..

That way you have en entire tree of diffirent ways to install but not
the clutter of the other options because every select you do excludes
sections of unneeded other install_documents. Kind of preventing the
cluttering by _choise_.

Maybe it's a daft implementation of your proposal ?

My 0,5 cents
Blokkie