On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:40:54 +0100
Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ps. If someone wanted to start a gentoo-politics, by all means, go
> ahead, just don't expect anyone to read it.

That's not such a bad idea, really. I don't mean creating -politics as
such, but the idea of separating out these long debates from -dev, so
that -dev can focus on technical issues (is this eclass ok, last rites,
how do I do X,Y,Z in ebuilds etc).

When these big debates arise, discussion could be shunted to the
separate list, requiring those who care enough to join the debate, to
join that list, which may help limit the number of people who get
involved.  Perhaps gentoo-discuss.

--
Kevin F. Quinn