Stephen Becker wrote:

    > And if said employee had already pulled several "I'm resigning"
    > publicity stunts in the past? And if said employee had seen other
    > people trying the same thing unsuccessfully?

    Then you deal with them at such a time as they appear, you do not
    let 2
    employees go when everyone's integrity could have been kept with just
the one leaving - therein lies the skill in 'people skills'

Seeing as you guys are discussing me, I suppose I should correct the flawed thinking so you can actually get something right. Your logic is completely flawed because it assumes that my reaction would have been any different if I didn't have some sort of shiny "gentoo developer" tag associated with me. I would still have told Diego exactly how I felt about unreasonably abusing an arch team member who was simply trying to do his job had I been a developer or not. So seriously, stop assuming my impending retirement had anything to do with this. I would still react loudly to folks pulling a similar stunt now that I *am* retired.

-Steve
That is immaterial, no-one is discussing what you or Diego did before the situation came up