M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

And that's precisely because a whole generation of RHCEs knows *exactly* where everything is on a Red Hat or Fedora system, and Gentoo puts everything somewhere else. :) If I were an RHCE, I'd have just as much trouble customizing and tweaking a Gentoo (or Debian) box as you would on a Fedora system. I know ... I've flunked the dang RHCE exam *twice* for that very reason! :) It's about repetition, muscle memory, rote learning, etc. -- not about Red Hat being "better" than Gentoo or the other way around.

Well, FWIW, those poor guys have to deal with RPMs.

'Nuff said, IMHO.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond