Hi all,

I am a new gentoo user (less than a year) and very pleased with this distro.
I just have one point to suggest: I am aware of the recent changes in Gentoo
world, the CoC set-up, council and the troubles arround it. But I think you
missed something very important - and it is for me as I am looking to get
involved into an open project -, this is who is gentoo and who decides, from
an external situation ? I don't think these information are as clearer as
they should. There is a council to lead Gentoo to achieve global
objectives.... what that means exactly as a dev view ?

These are questions I am facing.

Regards

Gal'

2007/3/20, Christopher Sawtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Ioannis Aslanidis wrote:
> What I personally think out of all this situation is nice propaganda
> for Gentoo, which we could somehow exploit in 'our benefit'. Anyone
> with ideas on how to promote our distribution even with that kind of
> propaganda?

If nothing else, it does prove that the development community is vibrant,
active, and as a whole does not tolerate the bickering which has been the
downfall of many other development groups.