On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 15:38 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 23:07:03 -0400
> Seemant Kulleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Ciaran has brought attention to a very important thing -- QA seems to
> > take a backseat to a few things, and it is actually a little
> > disturbing that it does.
>
> I believe the QA team expect developers to *ask* when they want QA to
> intervene on a thing like this. There aren't enough people in QA to
> find every problem in the tree on their own...

You're absolutely correct: I just wanted to clear up something I didn't
state too clearly in my original email.  In the bit you quoted, I was
referring to QA as a process and mindset issue, rather than the QA team.
So I certainly wasn't trying to put blame or onus on the QA team, but
rather mentioning the fact (as you have, too :) that QA as an idea and
culture seems to take a backseat.

Thanks,

Seemant