Hi,

We have some new ALSA maintainers: beandog, chainsaw, phreak
(and me helping out to start with)

It's of course up to the maintainers to choose how they work, but the
recommendations I have laid down have been that they focus on the
userspace side: utils, tools, firmware, lib.

I have suggested that herd support for the kernelspace side
(alsa-driver) be slowly reduced, by redirecting users who file bugs
against it to reproduce with the in-kernel drivers, and then let kernel
handle the bug resolution. This will remove duplicated maintenance efforts.

This will also mean no more stabling of -rc releases (and probably fewer
of those in portage at all).

alsa-driver won't be going away altogether, as it is still needed for
2.4 users (but we won't support them forever) and I think it may include
a couple of drivers which aren't yet in the kernel tree.

The alias for bugs is still [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Daniel