Seemant Kulleen wrote:
On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 13:29 +0200, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
Why not simply allow trustees to veto a council decision ? This does
not give trustees enough power to be a second council, but would
permit them to stop something that they believe will damage Gentoo.
This is very little red tape IMHO.

I believe that the trustees do not necessarily have any jurisdiction
over the council.  They are concerned with legal type matters that
affect the foundation, not with technical and political things within
Gentoo itself.  I could be wrong about this, but that's how I read it.

Actually much of the hardware that supports gentoo is owned by or lend to the foundation. The trustees have legal control over that (while infrastructure has technical control), so if it comes to a pissing context, the foundation would probably win. It is not a situation anyone would want to get into. There is no other formal relationship between the foundation and the council.

Paul
(Gentoo dev/trustee)