On 4/19/07, Steve Long <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On the issue of QA, I think enabling FEATURES="collision-detect" by default
would do a lot more good at this stage than "test". There are several
packages I have come across where this has picked up files not being
removed from earlier versions. It's a reasonable default to have and
doesn't involve delaying users since it takes a fraction of a second to
carry out. What I'd propose is that portage runs the collision-detect and
reports it, but continues the installation in the same manner as now.

This could tie into an automated report at a later stage.

Do you mean to report a 'QA notice' instead of halting the merge?
Well, actually halting the merge is a required feature, so maybe the
QA notice should be added always straightway, not bound to the
FEATURE.

--
Ioannis Aslanidis

<deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E