On Friday 04 May 2007 4:49:47 pm Piotr JaroszyƄski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks to zmedico we now have support for news items on infra-side and heck
> they are ready to use. And we should use them!
>
> Attaching news item for paludis 0.24.
> Justification: major config format change.

How does this fit the following parts of the GLEP?

"Preemptive
Users should be told of changes before they break a system, not after the
damage has already been done. Ideally, the system administrator would be
given ample warning to plan difficult upgrades and changes, rather than only
being told just before action is necessary."

"A more reliable way of getting news of critical updates"

Additionally, what about this is so critical that it will not allow elog to be
used?