Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
> On Sat, 05 May 2007 14:53:47 +0200
> Jakub Moc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> For what situation? Changing * to */* is a bunch of config files (as
>> far as I've been told, paludis warns about this deprecated syntax
>> anyway)?
>>
>> If we are going to abuse "critical news reporting" feature for such
>> trivialities, most users are going to ignore the noise pretty soon.
>
> Only Paludis users will use the news item. To Paludis users, the news
> item is not a triviality or noise. To everyone else it's irrelevant.

How does it matter exactly whether it's paludis users, gcc users, php
users, apache users or whoever else who will use the news item? Let's
not misuse news framework for stuff that

- it's not been intended for (i.e. do not use it as elog replacement,
see GLEP 42)
- for trivialities in general

For this particular case, you can (and do even) advise specifically the
affected users only on runtime that the config files syntax has been
changed. (Frankly, you don't even need elog stuff for similar things;
everyone concerned will get the message paludis spits on the screen when
they try to use it).

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 GPG signature:
 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature   ;)