On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 09:44:35PM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > There's nothing critical about your * stuff.
>
> Sure there is. If users aren't informed about the change in an
> appropriate manner, the users get annoyed.

There's a lot of subjectivity in this sentence... "appropriate"...
"annoyed"... but none of it is relevant to whether or not it is
critical.

Critical is about breakage that causes a lot more work in fixing than it
would have in preventing and that the user will not know about until it
is too late.

> You're trying to sabotage this based upon arguments over wording
> technicalities. Where is your evidence that this is not delivering
> what is best for affected users?

Any evidence of this kind is irrelevant. We're not going to tie GLEP 42
in with paypal to give users money either, which would also be pretty
good for users. It's *critical* news reporting, not slashdot.

Maurice.

--
Maurice van der Pot

Gentoo Linux Developer   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     http://www.gentoo.org