Josh Saddler wrote:
> Jim Ramsay wrote:
> > I suppose I could also propose:
> >
> > 4) netscape-flash just RDEPENDS on libflashsupport all the time.
> > It's certainly not a large library to be added on.
> >

> That is a terrible idea. Don't make it "depend" on something that it
> clearly does *not* depend on. Flash works just fine without the
> optional add-ons, and those are *definitely* optional. I've never
> needed libflashsupport and would prefer not seeing useless cruft
> attached to a perfectly working Flash installation.

Point taken - If you don't want the extra features you don't want
libflashsupport at all.

I could make it so that if all of the USE flags for libflashsupport are
turned off it doesn't actually install the library at all, just gets
added to the list of installed packages.

> If you're going to add it to USE, then make sure it's *not* on by
> default, thanks.

This way it will adhere to your current set of global USE flags. If you
have pulseaudio, esd, oss, ssl, or gnutls on globally, it will install
libflashsupport with the appropriate hooks in it.  If they are all
off (either globally or specifically for libflashsupport) you will
just get the same old netscape-flash with no add-ons.

Is this a worthy compromise?

--
Jim Ramsay
Gentoo/Linux Developer (rox,gkrellm)