It's my usual pleasure to announce some new blood coming in to replace
some of the old going away. Joe is joining us from Lafayette, CO, USA to
help with the Gentoo/FreeBSD work. Here is how he describes it himself:

"I would like to be able to help Gentoo in several ways.  Many Gentoo
packages need maintainers, and some of those packages I am very fond of.
 An example is xtrs, to which I have contributed (upstream) in the past.
 Working with a dev on that was great, but it made me feel even more
strongly that, "Hey, I should *be* a dev!" so I can help out more
profoundly.  I also have an interest in Gentoo/FreeBSD and in helping it
to grow."

And on the personal side:

For work, I run the science operations center for several unmanned space
missions in Boulder, Colorado.  My biggest current project is New
Horizons (it just passed Jupiter on its way to Pluto).  We post pictures
quite often, if you are interested (there's a great movie loop of
Tvashtar, a volcano on IO erupting there now):

   http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/

There's a link near the center of that page about my group (Sci. Ops.
Center). It's great fun most of the time!  Seeing a launch is pretty
damn cool - my first and only was in 1/2006 and that was New Horizons.
I'm now starting to work on two Mars missions.

My personal pages are here:

   http://www.skyrush.com/joe/

Please give him the usual weird welcome. IRC was a good start :)

Regards,
Petteri
--
Gentoo/Recruiters lead