On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 03:35 +0200, Bryan Østergaard wrote:
> It's with a bit of sadness but also a bit of relief that I'm finally
> retiring from
> Gentoo.
>
> I've been a Gentoo developer for nearly 4 years now and I like to at least
> pretend that I've made some important contributions to Gentoo during that
> time. I've had a lot of fun but my frustrations have grown these past several
> months and I've been entertaining the idea about retiring from Gentoo for
> probably 6 months now. The past couple months the desire to leave Gentoo have
> become much stronger and I think it's finally time for me and Gentoo to go our
> separate ways.
>
> I think I've put my "fingerprint" on Gentoo in quite a few important ways but
> lately I've come to the realization that I probably can't do any more for
> Gentoo. No matter how hard I try fighting for what I feel is right we seem to
> end up with petty fights, flamewars or what I consider even worse - people
> simply ignore what I'm working hard towards.
>
> So I think it's high time that I leave the project and start looking for
> another project where I can contribute something important and not just try to
> keep afloat in a project that I seem to be at odds with to an ever
> increasing degree.
>
> I'll try to reach all the projects I'm leaving over the next few days and see
> if I can pass on my work in a reasonable manner. I probably won't be around
> much on irc but if you really need to contact me you can do so at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Good luck to all of you and may Gentoo development be as much fun for you as
> it used to be for me.

Bryan,
It's been a pleasure working with you and getting to know you this past
year and a half. I've learnt a lot and you've been a rock, you've been
inspirational and motivational.. You've been a great mentor in many
aspects and an amazing friend.

I look forward to working with you further on the other two OSS projects
we are involved with together and I hope you made the right decision
when you chose to step down.

Christelx