Dawid Węgliński wrote:
> Dnia 06-06-2007, śro o godzinie 18:32 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> napisał(a):
> > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm claiming it because plenty of other people agree. You *did* see the
> > > response that the proctors got from various Gentoo developers, right?
> >
> > What I saw was a response to what you as one of the I-will-reply-anyway
> > guys caused, and I bet if people had just stayed quiet for 24 hours the
> > thread would have died out rather quickly.
> > The replys by other devs seem to be allmost exclusivly be based on the
> > fact, that people like you did not take their time calming down, or if
> > they were calm anyway, take their time to do whatever for 24 hours.
>
> Why to stop the topic? IMO it *is* important, and we should make a
> correct decision. You blame beejey. Ok, blame him about what he said,
> but paradoxically he uncovered that whole mess, that noone was talking
> about before.
>
> ++ for I-will-reply-anyway guys

I admit that my wording is not good here, please let me rephrase it:
Instead of "thread would have died out rather quickly" read it as
"the flame-war part of the thread would have died out rather quickly"

What I tried to stress with my replies is, that there is no censorship, in
contrast to a forced slow-down.

Imagine you are angry, but may only say one sentence per hour. A verbal fight
should be harder, than it is in the world as we know it.
My own interpretation of what Roy wanted is, that he knew personal "Please
calm down everyone"-mails don't help, and therefore he wanted to force people
to do so, by delaying the thread for 24 hours.
This is not censoring, to my eyes, rather call it "de-escalation" or whatever
you like best.