Hey,

On E, 2007-06-18 at 11:34 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Also, remember that stabilization is *supposed* to be about the
> stabilization of the *ebuild* and not the *package* itself.

This sentence made me personally start looking at the policy in a
different way as far as stabilization and waiting for a set amount of
days is concerned.

Does this mean that, when for example there are pure bug fix releases in
GNOME packages with no ebuild changes whatsoever, then we can consider,
without hesitation so much, to ask stabilization of these much sooner
than 30 days? Or the new version just has updated translations, which is
cool too (unless it's a very long building package) to get into the
hands of our world-wide users earlier with no practical chance of
breakage.

Right now it is a rare exception to ask stabilization earlier than 30
days, but should we do that more often for cases like I made an example
of (upstream following a strict bug-fixes/translations only rule as well
for the versions in question)?

--
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer