William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:

> That's providing people pay attention to portage griping in the first
> place. Which I would assume most don't :) Unless they have to.

That's why I posted that script a few months ago:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-546828.html

It's updated for bash 3.2 and has been tested extensively (\r seems to mess
up under screen though.) Just don't run it with sh, as it needs full bash
capability. We're looking at bashrc to make it more efficient, but I mainly
want USE flag editing within the interface (and pkgcore compatibility.)

I never miss any warnings now :-) And yeah, I would love it if i didn't need
this script, but for now I still do.